Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I had an idea.....

It was a small idea, but it led to a big mess. The mess led to bigger ideas. Which, I fear, will lead to bigger messes.

The idea was to turn a sketchbook we had lying around the house into a 3 subject notebook with a felted wool cover and embroidered subject dividers. It turned out rather well, given the limited supplies I had on hand.

This one notebook, however, has led to other ideas, a whole art show full of them. You see, Ivan's parents own a gallery in Bellows Falls, VT, and his mom offered to let me have a show there. So now the idea for the show is taking form in my head: "Unfound Objects" is my favorite title. The idea is to do what I always do, that is to find cool stuff and use it in unfamiliar ways or to alter it in some way. Hence the altered notebook, the window hanging on my wall, the ornate frame around a flower vase, etc. I'm big into collage, too.

Anyway, this could be exciting. I have ideas for a mirror. I have ideas for knitted sculpture and knitted "painting." I have ideas for big, big messes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home