Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Packing for a wedding

So the pattern of the last few days in our house has been thus: wake up, have coffee, pack for a few hours, run away and do something fun (we registered for gifts yesterday, today it will be the art institute), come home and eat and read and knit and etc. Pretty nice as far as days go. What's funny is that in the middle of the vacation, I got a phone call from the wedding coordinator at the inn where we're getting married, asking me how I was progressing with the planning. To which I answered, "um, progressing? I'm moving." Anyway, I just spent quite a bit of time playing catch up with emails to the inn, the florist, a potential caterer, etc (I can only imagine how much more annoying this would be if this were a big wedding). The end result of which is a mini-vacation for Ivan and I to the Inn for a night, right after we move. Someone else making our bed, someone else making us breakfast, and talking about things like floral arrangements and fancy food and things. Hooray for the unreal world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home