Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Zoom Zoom!

In preparation for moving, I decided to rent a car for a few days. It helps to have one when one has to buy boxes and packing supplies and things. Anyway, I get to the friendly Enterprise pick up location near me, and the man at the counter says, "for an extra $10, you can rent a 2006 Jetta instead of a Kia." Since I was feeling self-indulgent and pouty, I decided to go for it, and have been driving a Jetta around all day doing errands. I must say, though, that there are very few cars out there that are less Al-ish than a brand new Jetta. Thus the car makes me feel a little bit like a secret agent out in disguise. Either that, or getting in touch with one's inner wasp is going around--it might be something in the water. Be careful out there.

3 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Oh, it's not just my inner Wasp in touch with which I am getting. It's my thorough, allencompasing Waspitude. It's like subalterity, only funner.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Al said...

...and it can speak. Loudly, with a faux British accent.

7:52 AM  
Blogger J said...

Oh, I should love to have a British accent. I should use it all the time.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home