Saturday, June 17, 2006

Wowsers!

A few interesting things have happened to me in the past few days, all of which have to do with my career, my future, and so on.

So first I get an email from a local college, offering me a section of composition to teach. I hem and haw, but the course time turns out to conflict with several important meetings at work. So I turn them down with a "but please think of me next time..."

Second, I get assigned my first short piece to write for our major publication, two weeks after I've started work. I get the feeling I'm being groomed to possibly take an editor spot. I go out to lunch with one of the bosses, and lo and behold, I am being groomed to possibly take an editor spot.

Third and finally, I get my "do you want this funding?" letter in the mail. So now I have a decision to make, a decision I had hoped to put off for another few months. Methinks I might cheat the system and tell them "yes, I want the funding" and then back out of it later if I need to. Easy enough.

But still. Weird weird week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home