Sunday, June 04, 2006

Working with Hippies

I'm working in a real job! And I have an apartment, which I am allowed to paint pretty colors. Yay!

That's the short version. The long version is really quite boring. Work is good--I spend 8 hours a day in front of a computer, but I'm learning a lot about green building and the environmental movement. Oh, and I get to take a free online course if I so choose (just in case I start needing my academic fix).

As for the apartment, Ivan and I are painting. The place was pretty dingy when we moved in, and the landlord didn't seem inclined to do anything about it, so we started painting and cleaning. The stove was nasty--I'll spare you a description. But now it's clean, the cabinets are bright white (good for reflecting natural light so we don't need to turn on the lights) and the walls are a really pretty spring green. The living room is yellow, and the other rooms have yet to have colors decided upon.

Oh, and my veggies are getting really big, and my mint is threatening to take over the world.

AND Ivan's mom and I have started a Stitch n' Bitch at the family gallery (I'm there right now).

So live is busy, but good. But I miss y'all! Speaking of which, happy end of the quarter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home