Friday, December 15, 2006

Holiday Revelry

Like most holiday festivities, my company's office party took lots of preparation and went on far longer than it was supposed to. This meant that most of us spent most of today walking around with a glazed look in our eyes, wondering what it was we had walked into the room to do. However, the gingerbread house I made with fellow employee J. (shown below, in a picture taken by fellow employee M.) was a huge hit.

Making all of this more difficult was the fact that we had rearranged all of the furniture in the open part of our office to make the party possible. That meant that when I walked into work this morning, my desk was facing the wall, my chair had disappeared to an office down the hall, my phone was buried somewhere in my cabinet, and all of my files were in disarray in a drawer. Not to mention the fact that we were on a deadline today (that we pushed to Monday, because we can).

At any rate, I'm now curled up with my computer on my bed, doing a little bit of work, but mostly just enjoying being home and being in my comfy clothes (thank god for thrift store cashmere!). My better half is rattling around in the kitchen, trying to scrounge up something for dinner, and there will likely be a bottle of wine in my very near future. So really, life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home