Sunday, November 19, 2006

Vermont Wedding Gifts

A few weeks ago, Ivan found a bunch of 5 gallon carboys and decided that making hard cider would be a worthwhile pastime. I agreed, and we settled on getting cider for one of the containers from our friends at this cider mill, just around the bend from Ivan's parents place. It's a really cool old farm, with a cider mill that dates from the 1870s (part of Cider House Rules was filmed there).

Anyway, we pulled up today to pick up our cider, as the proprietor had done his hard cider pressing yesterday and we were in the neighborhood. Ivan loaded a now full carboy into our car, and Mr. Wood said, "Y'know, as I was figuring out what you guys would owe me, I decided that this should be my wedding gift to you." Gotta love Vermont friends.

Of course, this is a wedding gift that will be 9 months in the making. Luckily, we can store this one in a cold room, and we don't have to send it to college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home