Monday, September 25, 2006

Three Weeks

So we're down to slightly less fewer than three weeks before the wedding, and suddenly the whole project seem imminent and looming. I'm not anxious, per se, although I do have a pretty constant case of stomach butterflies. There are a few things I'm anxious about: the shawl? Not done. Ivan's ring? Maybe almost done. The vows? Being rewritten (draft! draft!). My family? Crazy. Ivan's family? See my family.

Anyway, we're going tomorrow to get our marriage license, which has me realizing that this whole thing is real and about commitment, not just a big party. There have been a lot of heart to hearts between Ivan and I lately as we've been writing our vows. We've talked about what this means to us, what we're doing and why, what our hopes are for the future... It's been good, really good.

So all is well in bride world. All is well in Al world, too--lots of phone calls, emails, and visits from old friends and lots of reconnecting with said friends. My friend from overseas is in town for a few months for my wedding and that of a mutual friend. All in all, its been a week of realizing how lucky I am to have such awesome people in my life....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home